Birthdays are the best time to send a handwritten note. I know, I know…it’s fun to find a funny card, or let someone else express the sentiment- but somehow I think seeing ‘Happy Birthday’ handwritten makes it more special. Here’s a few things I like to say…
- ‘You are a miracle !’
- ‘My life is richer because of you !’
- ‘ Life is sweeter with you in it!’
- ‘Let’s eat birthday cake!’
- ‘Today we celebrate you!’
Adding a gift card or some cash in a little purse or wallet is always a good idea-And since we have a birthday girl at Camellia’s Cottage in May- I did some window shopping at JCrew –
J Crew ‘bling’ jewelry with classic clothing is what the girls around here like! And they had eye-popping displays! The clothes were striped or solid and cotton sweaters, tee shirts, checked shirts and jeans, lots of denim in fact. Go birthday shopping!
Birthdays are also a great time to take a fun trip- May is a great time to head to the beach!
*Allie Mac recommends –
- Gulf Shores, Perdido and Orange Beaches on the Gulf of Mexico
- Go over to Pensacola to see the Blue Angels fly.
- Take a tour of Historic Mobile.
- Relax at the Marriott Grand Hotel and Spa at Point Clear. The guys can play a round of golf on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course there-or fish off the pier while the girls go to the spa!
- Stroll around Fairhope or Magnolia Springs on Mobile Bay- that’s always a good idea.
- The food on the Bay or Gulf Coast is the best seafood you will find anywhere, any time…
Allie Mac got so excited about that, she mapped it all out! You have to wonder about anybody who wouldn’t want to go to South Alabama! *We’ll drag out this map again later on…
And here is one of my personal favorite things to do on my birthday or any day! Go get a cup of cappuccino! What a way to say ‘I love you!’ with that sweet little heart the barista makes! (That’s Italian for that guy whippin’ up that fancy coffee!) Whatever way you choose to say ‘Happy Birthday!’ – big or small, I hope you will do it- a birthday is different than other holidays- it is specific to the person. Remember their day and say- I’m glad you were born!
So- to the adorable birthday girl at Camellia’s Cottage –
- ‘Happy Birthday! We love you!’
- ‘Our life is richer with you in it!’
- ‘Let’s celebrate you!’ ‘You are a miracle!’
- We hope your birthday is filled with all the good things life has to offer – including cupcakes and shopping, getting some sand between your toes and freckles on your nose!
And to all of those who have a birthday today, in May or any day- You are a ‘milagro’ in any language! We hope all your birthday dreams come true!
Love y’all, Camellia
J Crew http://www.jcrew.com
Marriott Grand Hotel and Spa http://www.marriottgrand.com
Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail https://www.rtjgolf.com
Alabama Department of Tourism http://www.alabama.tourism.gov
Blue Angels U.S. Navy – for schedule go to www.visitpensacola.com