Hello there! My name is Brenda Wyatt. I was born and bred in Alabama. The women in the generations before me inspire me to this day. I write from our cottage- this blog, Camellia’s Cottage, under the pseudonym- ‘Camellia’, because she is a composite of the many southern women I’ve known and loved! Reading , writing and telling a good story- to make you laugh or to inspire you are my favorite things. It’s led me to believe this wise saying- ‘It’s never too late to live happily ever after’ ! I hope to help you find your happily ever after too.
I am a retail and PR specialist and a recipe developer of southern food generally! Still. I’m interested in you! And your business! I look at businesses all the time, out of curiosity, to see what they are doing right and if their business is working!
I believe we are generally at our best when we gather round a table and share our lives through good food. And- after a lifetime of helping women look their best so they can be their best- I’m ready to help!
Since I enjoy writing so much, I truly enjoy mentoring and encouraging writers and new bloggers! We are thrilled to report- that we’ve already had One on One conversations with a good many very talented creatives!
For more information send me an email at email@example.com or- if you are on Instagram- feel free to direct message me @brendawyatt_ Would love to hear from you and also see what you’re up to!
My work background centered around clothing.
- At first as a wholesale business, called ‘Grandmother’s Trunk’ – we designed handpainted children’s clothing and had a tiny shop too!
- I became a personal shopper for Birmingham based Parisian Department stores, then later as a-
- Fragrance Model and Representative for some of the finest perfumers and cosmetic companies in the world, including Oscar de la Renta, Yves St. Laurent, Bvlgari, Tiffany, Ferragamo and the international division of Chanel.
- I also had a wonderful job working for Leaf and Petal gift shop at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. ,blending my love of gardening with home design and art.
- I wrote a book in 2012, called Four Days the Lazarus Principle which can be found at major booksellers including Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It was written during a difficult time in my life. And!
- Because of this different type of writing, called blogging- I’m able to write about a wide range of subjects. Camellia’s Cottage is an award winning blog for southern cooking and writing. I was honored to be selected in 2018 by Zpublishing as one of Alabama’s Emerging Writers.
I love to read, paint, garden, cook and travel! And of course write about it! I began this strange and wonderful journey of blogging with the goal of sharing stories, writing about our travels, still looking for ways to help folks look and feel good; bringing folks together whether around the table or around their goals – with good proven results- basically it’s just recipes for living!
I had a desire to record my grandmother’s heirloom recipes such as her ‘award winning’ pimento cheese! I collect old recipe books to keep traditions of entertaining and food alive for the next generations! And share them with you!
My life and retail experience inspired me to create this blog- Camellia’s Cottage . Alabama’s state flower is the Camellia, which is a long lived plant and blooms in winter, some might say – ‘at the wrong time’-I could compare it to myself!
The trail of fragrance and fashion by the iconic CoCo Chanel inspires me- she made a comeback at age 71, creating her most enduring designs at an age when other designers were retiring and her favorite flower was the Camellia! Her strings of pearls, classic lines and long lasting beauty closely resemble the ladies who inspired me as I was coming of age- believe me, most of them couldn’t afford Chanel’s couture but did buy an occasional bottle of Chanel #5 ! These ladies are my ‘camellias’ – women who bloom when and where they are planted.
I created a fictional character for Camellia’s Cottage, Camellia, who is a composite of Alabama ladies then and now. (see blog posts from Camellia). Between the ‘two of us’ we hope Camellia’s Cottage will be about the wit and wisdom, the graciousness, the artistry, the industry, the generosity and the beauty of this great state, Alabama and far beyond.
My husband is Wallace Wyatt Jr., retired after serving 20 years as Probate Judge of St. Clair County, which is part of central Alabama that is often called Greater Birmingham. I am honored to be a member of the Steering Committee for YWCA Purse and Passion Luncheon/St.Clair- which benefits victims of Domestic Violence. We have two beautiful daughters who are honoring timeworn traditions and building wonderful careers. We hope you will sign up for our blog, enjoy what you see- ‘like’ us and even comment.. I thoroughly enjoy helping people, whether it’s friendship, coaching, giving a bit of public relations advice, even collaboration with you on any of our platforms !
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, questions and availability for helping you be your best you! . Thanks for stopping by! Brenda Wyatt
This is my cottage in Alabama, another inspiration for Camellia’ Cottage!
Available in paperback or ebook at Amazon.com, bn.com and other fine booksellers.
Contact information: Brenda Wyatt, Pell City, Alabama 35128, email us at : email@example.com